Chair Yoga Certification
Online Teacher Training
A transformational experience!
Designed by Lakshmi Voelker, the Creator of Chair Yoga!
Welcome to the premier chair yoga certification. As a Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teacher (LVCYT), you will bring all the amazing benefits of yoga to those who, for whatever reason, cannot or do not want to get down on the floor.
Regardless of age, level of activity, or physical/mental challenges, your students will be able to practice yoga by taking your LVCY classes. They will achieve better fitness whether disabled or just too sedentary!
Join our cohort of over 2,000 Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teachers!
If you feel this calling,
And find out about our tuition aid programl!
Our online program has proven successful for over 10 years.
This 30-hour chair yoga certification program includes:
- 6 1-hour video calls 1-on-1 with your instructor
- 24 hours of self-study
- Recordings of the six video calls
- Permanent Web access to all training videos + our DVD & CD
- 275-page teacher development manual
- (Scroll down for more details)
Chair Yoga Teacher Training Online Description
What you will learn
This chair yoga certification will add new dimensions to your teaching and/or caregiving.
You will learn how to adapt yoga poses to a chair—what Lakshmi calls the Chairasanas—and to teach chair yoga to everyone, no matter their Level of Flexibility (LoFs) or range of motion.
Levels of Flexibility—our unique proposition:
LVCY poses are presented in multiple levels of flexibility so your students can adapt each pose to their personal needs. This includes accounting for varying degrees of flexibility in students’ upper and lower body as well as their right and left sides. This innovative fitness approach makes her chair yoga program suitable for all ages and all fitness levels.
The five forms of LVCY:
• Single Chair Yoga
• Double Chair Yoga (each student uses two chairs)
• Pair Chair Yoga (work in pairs)
• Weighted Chair Yoga (use weights for bone & muscle mass building)
• Wheelchair Yoga
The Chairasanas for:
• Sun Salutation
• Moon Salutation
• Earth Salutation
• Warrior Sequence
• Balance Sequence
• many more yoga asanas and yoga-related postures
Additional Eastern disciplines and modalities such as:
• Pa Tuan Chin
• Chinese Arthritis Relief Hand Movements
• Acupressure knee strengthening exercises
• Various breathing techniques for our meditation, relaxation, and asanas
• 7 Chakras and their meanings, colors, sounds, and affirmations
• 5 Yamas and 5 Niyamas
• Do-In Chinese Self Massage and Foot Reflexology
Deep breathing techniques that are a key to reaching optimum health to help fully oxygenate your students’ bodies and massage their organs. This improves their energy and mental clarity while reducing pain and anxiety. Following the pranayama techniques, not only during chair yoga classes, but throughout daily life, significantly enhances health and well-being.
Relaxation techniques that will give your students added health benefits physically, mentally, and spiritually.
• Basic anatomy as it applies to chair yoga
• Introductions to outside study materials
What You will Receive
You will receive:
- 275-page illustrated Teacher Development Manual
- Certificate stating you are a Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teacher
- Access to various other online training materials
- Continuing education units with Yoga Alliance
- Ongoing support from Lakshmi and her over 2,000 certified teachers!!
This program has certified staff at the Mayo Clinic, NYC DOE, and multiple VA facilities.
Who are our teachers?
This chair yoga teacher certification program is open to yoga practitioners and yoga teachers.
It is of special interest to:
- PTs (physical therapists)
- OTs (occupational therapists)
- CSWs (clinical social workers)
- RNs (registered nurses)
- RTs (recreational therapists)
- Speech therapists
- Movement therapists
And other healthcare professionals including those working with seniors, children, those in wheelchairs, or anyone with physical or mental challenges that prevent them from practicing mat yoga.
For those with little or no yoga experience, we require that you have taken at least 15 hours of yoga classes from a certified yoga teacher.
We have certified staff at the Mayo Clinic, Departments of Education, VA facilities, Dialysis Clinics, and senior housing facilities as well as MS (multiple sclerosis) and other such organizations.
Our results are impressive and will be for you as well.
Still undecided about chair yoga teacher certification,
then contact us to schedule a free consultation.
And find out about our current tuition Special!
Support after your Chair Yoga Teacher Certification
With your Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ certification, you will gain access to a number of “goodies” to help you augment your practice.
The Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ DVD, CD, online 30-minute training videos, recordings of your video calls will continually expand your knowledge of this innovative approach to wellness.
So, whether you are providing chair yoga to seniors, disabled, beginners, office workers, those looking for exercise & weight loss, or anyone unable to or just not wishing to get down on a mat, our restorative yoga will bring them new levels of fitness and health.