Table of Contents
Chair Yoga Teacher Training
Designed by the Creator of Chair Yoga!
Welcome to the premier chair yoga teacher training certification. As a Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teacher (LVCYT), you will bring all the amazing benefits of yoga to those who, for whatever reason, cannot or do not want to get down on the floor.
Regardless of age, level of activity, or physical/mental challenges, your students will be able to practice yoga by taking your LVCY classes. They will achieve better fitness whether disabled or just too sedentary!
Live Teacher Training
September 24-27, 2021
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Saturday-Monday 9:00am-12:30pm & 2:00-6:00pm
Your certification will enable you to teach a one-hour Chair Yoga class with knowledge and confidence to a varied audience.
A certificate is awarded at the conclusion of the program.
This program is ideal for health care professionals, yoga teachers and yoga practitioners, or anyone else interested in teaching chair yoga.
Prerequisites: at least 15 hours of yoga classes with a certified yoga teacher.
($475 if paid in full one month before the start date.)
- Teacher Development manual (over 2oo pages with illustrations)
- Access to website containing seven 30-minute training videos, DVD, and CD.
- Rights to resell the DVD and CD at a discounted price to you
- Electronic attachments to manual (75 pages with pictures)
- Electronic version of Sun Salutation booklet
- Electronic version of marketing materials
- Certificate qualifying you to teach one-hour chair yoga classes
- Certificate qualifying you for 25 CEUs from Yoga Alliance
1-on-1 Teacher Training over Zoom
The Zoom program has proven successful (ask why it is considered better than our already excellent live group programs). We have offered this online program for over ten years.
This 30-hour 1-on-1 certification program includes:
- 6 1-hour Zoom video calls 1-on-1 with your instructor
- 24 hours of self-study
- Recordings of the six video calls
- Permanent Web access to all training videos + our DVD & CD
- 275-page teacher development manual
If you feel this calling but are undecided,
schedule a free Zoom consultation
We are offering “pay-it-forward” pricing
for those that do a consultation!
Video of Lakshmi Explaining Her Chair Yoga
Who benefits from chair yoga?
Do you have students, patients, or clients who can benefit from yoga but:
→ cannot or do not want to get down on the floor for whatever reason, or
→ where getting down on the floor is impractical (work, traveling, etc.)?
Chair yoga brings yoga to seniors, the disabled, office workers, the chronically ill such as with chronic pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoporosis, and multiple sclerosis. It benefits people having stress, anxiety, PTSD, and/or depression.
These folks have traditionally been unable to reap the exceptional benefits yoga brings to the body, mind, and spirit. Now, you can open this wondrous world to these audiences.
Chair Yoga Teacher Training Description
What you will learn
This chair yoga teacher training certification program will add new dimensions to your teaching and/or caregiving.
Along with the meditation, breathing, and relaxation techniques, you will learn how to adapt classical mat yoga asanas to the chair—what Lakshmi terms “chair asanas” (poses or postures).
Levels of Flexibility:
First and foremost, you will learn how to teach poses using what makes LVCY unique—our levels of flexibility. Every pose you teach has multiple levels so no matter the challenges of each student, they will always be able to participate.
Chair asanas such as
• sun salutation
• moon salutation
• warrior series
• classical balance postures
The five forms of LVCY:
• Single Chair Yoga
• Double Chair Yoga (each student uses two chairs)
• Pair Chair Yoga (work in pairs)
• Weighted Chair Yoga
(use weights for bone & muscle mass building)
• Wheelchair Yoga
Additional Eastern disciplines and modalities such as:
• Pa Tuan Chin
• Chinese Arthritis Relief Hand Movements
• Acupressure knee strengthening exercises
• Various breathing techniques for our meditation, relaxation, and asanas
• 7 Chakras and their meanings, colors, sounds, and affirmations
• 5 Yamas and 5 Niyamas
• Do-In Chinese Self Massage and Foot Reflexology
• Basic nutrition to honor our body temple
What You will Receive
You will receive:
- 275-page illustrated Teacher Development Manual
- Certificate stating you are a Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Teacher
- Access to various other online training materials
- Continuing education units with Yoga Alliance
- Ongoing support from Lakshmi and her over 2,000 certified teachers!!
This program has certified staff at the Mayo Clinic, NYC DOE, and multiple VA facilities.
Not a Yoga teacher? You can still qualify!
We require that you have taken at least 15 hours of yoga classes from a certified yoga teacher.
This chair yoga teacher certification program is open to yoga practitioners and yoga teachers.
It is of special interest to:
- PTs (physical therapists)
- OTs (occupational therapists)
- CSWs (clinical social workers)
- RNs (registered nurses)
- RTs (recreational therapists)
- Speech therapists
- Movement therapists
And other healthcare professionals including those working with seniors, children, those in wheelchairs, or anyone with physical or mental challenges that prevent them from practicing mat yoga.
We have certified staff at the Mayo Clinic, Departments of Education, VA facilities, Dialysis Clinics, and senior housing facilities as well as MS (multiple sclerosis) and other such organizations.
Her results are impressive and will be for you as well.
Learn Lakshmi Voelker’s path to accessible fitness through modified Yoga postures using Levels of Flexibility, her blend of breathing techniques, and other Eastern and Western holistic practices. With your Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ certification, you will gain the necessary skills to guide your students to improved health and well-being.
Augmenting this straightforward certification program, the Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ DVD, CD, and online 30 minute training videos will continually expand your knowledge of this innovative approach to wellness.
So, whether you are instructing seniors, disabled, beginners, office workers, or anyone unable to or just not wishing to get down on a mat, our restorative yoga will bring them new levels of fitness and health.
Still undecided about chair yoga teacher training,
then contact us to schedule a free consultation.
We have special “pay-it-forward” pricing
for those that do a consultation!
on Any Chair Anywhere!